Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Laura Mercier Arabesque Dupe!!!

       For all of you Laura Mercier fans, Im sure you know the lipstick shade in Arabesque. for those that dont, it's this insanely pretty shade of neutral pink. On my skin tone it is a very natural not overdone shade of pink.I debated buying this for over a month bc it cost a little over $30. So it is not a cheap lipstick. You can imagine how thrilled I was to find a dupe of this lipstick, and it is completely the same color, 100%. The dupe is NYX xtreme lip cream in xlc11or nude peach fuzz. I think it cost me about $6, and every other month or so Ulta puts NYX products for 40% off. You cannot find a better deal. Texture wise, they are completely different. Arabesque is a VERY creamy lipstick, very similar to the new loreal color riche lipsticks. Nude peach fuzz is a liquid. I actually prefer the NYX, and not just bc of the price, but bc it lasts longer and looks better. Arabesque really shows off the fine lines in my lips, which im not a fan of. I think ive only used the lipstick once, and I have repurchased the NYX shade. Ive put photos down below so you can see for yourself =)
 
 
 
 
 
The top swatch is NYX and the bottom is Laura Mercier. the top looks darker, but I think that is bc more product comes off, not bc it is actually darker.
 
 
Okay so one side of my mouth I did with Arabesque, the other with Nude peach fuzz. No diff right?
 
 
And another with two diff lipsticks. I feel confident that if you didnt know any better, you would think this was all one lipstick. Well I hope this post saves you guys about $25.  And yes, I do my makeup in t-shirts and yoga pants, usually bc I wipe my brushes on my clothes,, oh well lol 




No comments:

Post a Comment