Friday, April 12, 2013

$5 Makeup Challenge

      So we have all seen the $10 and $20 makeup challenges, but I'm taking it a step futher. This one is for those nights that you have been out all night and have $5 to your name and you didnt bring your makeup bag. Then after you realize you dont have your makeup, youve already spent all your money on food and drinks and onlyhave around $5 in your pocket, but your friends arnt ready to go home. haha these things hapen right? So now that I totally set the scene, I'm going to get to the point. I allowed myself $5 to see what kind of look I could pull off in a jam. So I went to the nearest dollar store, bc thats what came to mind, and this is what I found.
 
 
From left to right I got
- L.A. foundation in creamy beige
- NYC cheek glow in sutton place peach
-Elf liquid eyeliner in black
-L.A. lipstick in natural
-L.A.shimmering loose eyeshadow in radiant
 
      So at first I was really excited bc I thought I could totally pull this off, I have all the basics right? haha thats when things got ugly.
 
 
 
           This is the absolute worst foundation I have ever used. It is basically a really low end tinted moisturizer. I could compare the blendability of this to that of nail polish. And what I mean by that it is, imagine if you tried to blend nail polish, you would basically get a big empty spot in the middle of your nail and all the color along the sides kind of built up and gloppy. This is exactly what happend with this product. I used it for the sake of this review/challenge, but it was just horrible.
 
 
       So this product I have mixed feelings on. I dont know if it was terrible bc the foundation was so horrible or if its bc the brush sucked, or if it is just a bad product. So, I'm going to play around with this for a few more days and I'll do an updated review. 
 
        I was really happy to an elf product when I picked up these other items. some of their products I love, others not so much. this I'll rate at about 2.5 out of 5. it went on easy enough, just not pigmented enough for me. but at a dollar, I'm not going to complain about this one.
 
 
          So I was actually a little impressed with this one. The texture was really smooth and creamy, and I really love the color. I would probably buy this again if it didnt have such a foul odor. I may try other lipsticks by this brand tho and see if they all smell bad. maybe the one I picked up was just a fluke.
 
         As to be expected with all loose shadows, this was a little messy, and the brush it came with was almost painful to use. It is a really pretty copper color, a little to orange for my skin tone tho, But I imagine some it may work quite well for some people, given that they use a diff brush. So below I posted a picture of my final look. It took me about 10 minutes to complete, seeing as I had limited resources lol. overall I think it turned out okay. would I repurchase most of these products? probably not, but who knows, if I get desperate enough for makeup who knows =p
 
 
And yes, I am in my work shirt =) have a good nighgt guys.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment