Monday, June 3, 2013

Nailed it or Failed it,Guerlain Coup De Foudre look dupe.

          So a few days ago I came across this gorgeous palette from Guerlain. It is their 2013 spring edition Coup De Foudre Palette. OMG, it is so gorgeous. How I did not know about this I'm not sure. I dont believe it is still available,but please correct me if I'm wrong. Moving on tho, this palette retails for $59!!!!!! Like really??? plus tax and shipping in my case if I ordered it so easily over $70, for 4 colors.......... Now dont get me wrong, I can spend some money on makeup, but I just could not justify spending that on four colors. I dont care what the packaging looks like. especially when I was pretty sure I had similar colors already. Not exact dupes, but close enough to my liking. Since I havent seen this palette in person I googled some swatches of it and I posted the link below to the original photo. The girls blog who did the swatches did a really prettylook with it btw.

http://www.solonelyingorgeous.com/2013/05/oh-thou-doth-teach-torches-to-burn.html

Now these are the colors I decided to use from my own collection.


 
 
Like I said, Not exact dupes but close enough for me. The coral I used obvioulsy has a gold shimmer to it instead of matte. I did swatches on kind of the thin side too, So its not really layered on like the first picture. the colors I used are as follows from left to right.
 
1. The Olive Green Color in Loreal HIP studio secrets 306 Gunmetal-$7?
2.Light Green color in Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette-$5
3.Coral Color in NYX Love in Florence, Eat, Love, and Be Fab-$5?
4.Mushroom by Urban Decay.-$18
- So my total = $35 before tax and no shipping,, plus you get a ton of other colors. thats a win for me!
 
This is the look I was going for with this palette. I found this picture on Pintrest, Unfortunately there wasnt a link attached to it, so if anyone knows the original site of this picture, please tell me so I can update this. Im not a fan of using other peoples pictures without proper citations.
 
 



So this is totally Gorgeous Right???? And below is my dupe look. So tell me. did I Nail it or fail if =p





No comments:

Post a Comment