Friday, June 7, 2013

FOTD- Mary Kay Eyeshadows and Mineral Bronzing Powder

          So let me just start by saying what a huge letdown Mary Kay was for me. The products are so tiny, and they're not that cheap either. I ordered four eye shadows; Precious Pink, Gold Coast, Honey Spice, and Sienna, and The Mineral Bronzing Powder in Desert Sun. I also got the Timewise Luminous Wear foundation, but I am going to review that separately. These eye shadows cost about $7 a piece for .05 oz or 1.4g. They don't even come in any type of packaging, just a little tin in a plastic case. I might not even have been to upset about that had I known, but I didn't. I know a lot of people use the Z Palettes, but since I don't have one, I'm kind of upset. But moving on, I think the shadows are pretty enough, but maybe not worth seven dollars a piece to me. I mean I spent $28 on four!!!! When I look at it that way, there are so many other palettes or whatnots I would have rather spent the money on. The Quality is so so. There isn't a lot of fallout, if any, but it goes on a bit sheer, so deff need to layer it. Which is another downside since they are so small!

         I also got one of the Bronzing Powders in Desert Sun. I may be even more disappointed in this then the eye shadows. It comes in the Same type of packaging and you get .16 oz or 4.5g. This I believe was $12. The colors of it are horrible. I was expecting something softer, Instead I got a very coppery bronzer and a very shiny foil like highlighter. I probably wont be using this one. Maybe as an eye shadow?? hmm. Anyways, enough of my rant, here are pics and swatches. Thanks guys =)



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment