Wednesday, September 18, 2013

SmashBox Vignette

        
        When I first noticed this trio,, I was extremely happy. The color Amethyst is what drew me in. Its this really pretty light plum/purple color with a gorgeous gold shimmer. It also comes with Parfait ( Almost white/cream baby pink) and Aubergine ( Dark Plum). Nothing to extraordinary about those two colors to me. So back to Amethyst. I played around with this trio for a few days before doing this review, so that I could have my mind made up. At first I did a really bold cut crease look so that I could have a lot of amethyst blended out,, although when its blended it almost turns into a rustic color,, weird. so today I thought I would make it center focus and use it just on the lid for a light smokey look. And it turned purple. This shade is so unpredictable. When it is used lightly, its more rust, when used a lot, its purple and almost none of that golden shimmer. In either scenario it looks nothing like the swatch. And at $28 + tax,, its not incredibly cheap either, rather expensive considering its 2.76g. This trio was a huge letdown to me =( I included pics below of the trio, swatch, and what it comes off as on my lid (bright purple). none of the pics are edited, so you can see how different this color really is when used. =/




 

No comments:

Post a Comment